Flat Classroom(tm) Directors, Julie Lindsay and Vicki Davis, are excited to announce the new project subscription model for Flat Classroom(tm) Project, Digiteen(tm) Project, NetGenEd Project and Eracism(tm) Project.
Our goal: To create and maintain best global collaborative projects and collaborative work spaces for students and educators in and serving K-12 around the world while building bridges between Students, Educators, trainee teachers and Post Secondary Education Institutions. We know there are many educators wanting to take on global projects but may not have the confidence with technology or in project design or access to resources. Through our subscription we will provide this support and access to quality Web 2.0 resources as well as to other educators who are experienced global collaborators.
Flat Classroom(tm) Project
An annual school subscription will provide for 15 students to be entered into a project. Any students above this, or if the school or class wish to enter another project, a per-student fee is applicable. The Ning site may be used for other class activities during the year and includes the ability to upload video.
In addition we are introducing “Sweat Equity” for teachers. This means that some scholarships will be available to cover per student fees on an application basis. This allows teachers to provide administrative support for the project such as RSS monitoring of the project portal, serve on the project leadership committee, provide troubleshooting response, and other activities that will defray the administrative overhead costs of running the project. This is over and above the monitoring that teachers are required to do of their own student work for each project.
Included services and websites (leading Web 2.0 tools)
(If you had to buy these tools for your school it would cost over $4500)
- Flat Classroom Ning –http://flatclassroomproject.ning.com with video and blogging upload access.
- Project Wiki Access -–http://www.flatclassroomproject.org – private wiki area for students and teachers separate from wikispaces platform.
- Project Diigo Grouphttp://groups.diigo.com/group/flatclassroomproject
- Elluminate Room for Student Summit Presentations at the End of the Project
- Teacher and Administrator Access to Flat Classroom Educator Network -http://flatclassrooms.ning.com
- Flat Classroom Awards Program (multimedia awards with global ‘judging’ culminating in a Awards Ceremony online)
- Teacher Training Meetings (held weekly throughout the project)
- Project Help Wiki Resources
- Live Trouble Ticket Systemhttp://www.flatclassroomproject.net/support-ticket.html
- Teacher Group - Google Group – for ongoing mentoring
- Mentorship with Leading Global Collaborative Teachers who are actually DOING IT!
- Recognition for School Completion on the Official Flat Classroom Website –www.flatclassroomproject.net
- Press Release for project to distribute to local media
- Schools successfully completing the project will receive a recognition certificate for framing.
- Linking with classrooms around the world
- Flat Classroom(tm) Certified Teacher Pilot Program: We will take applications until September 15 for past and current teachers of the Flat Classroom(tm) Project. More information available from http://tinyurl.com/flatclassteachercertincluding a link to the application form.
- Flat Classroom Starter Kits (movies, tutorials, rubrics, and student handouts and DVD) – available for purchase September, 2010.
Questions? We love to hear from interested participants and classrooms globally.
Email: [email protected]